Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thinking about the holidays

As all of you who do this yourselves know, as soon as it gets really hot it's time to start thinking about the holidays! It usually catches me by surprise by around Thanksgiving that OMG I'd better get some holiday jewelery together. This year I'm trying to be smarter, I have two great projects in mind to add to my repertoire. You'll have to watch for them, they will be in addition to items I have created in the past as well.

My jewelry is my passion but I have had too many ideas for other things that I just can't pass up!

Two more of the items are for home decor and I have had a hankering lately to return to my crocheting roots.
My favorite crocheting items are baby stuff and little girls, so watch for those items as well.
Of course the only problem is time, time, time!

I do create all year around, (I have, to it's the air I breathe), but I do find that when the weather starts to feel like fall, which around here means the Canada geese just fly around the town and land in the same place as the majority of them are imprinted right here, but I digress, that is when my juices really begin to flow.
My husband goes off to his Alma Mater football games on Saturdays which leaves me hours of uninterrupted TIME!
I love the crispness of the air and being cozy indoors with absolutely no reason to be outdoors so I can just create!
My favorite time of year is fall,winter, and spring, although here in the Reno/Sparks area we really only have two seasons, Winter and under Construction (filling the potholes made by the snow removal systems).

Aah! This feels so good to be thinking about snow and burning fireplaces instead of the 100 degrees projected for today!

All you winter creative types, right now, lets pray for snow!
Ooh! got an idea gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment